so true…

Well, I got a giggle from it  🙂

It is sort of true, though – there are an awful lot of blogs out there, & one thing that puts me off returning to some of them is a distinct lack of regular updates. The husband complained over the weekend that I take blogging far too seriously (I’d just written 3 posts in a row, to have something in hand). But, I said, I don’t want to become what I don’t like – & besides, it’s fun! (It’s also quite a good discipline, actually, as you have to sit down & write something most days.)

song chart memes

3 thoughts on “so true…”

• Interesting figure. It highlights a problem I am finding with the blog ranking exercise I am doing (NZ Blog ranks – April ‘09). I have a list of about 250 blogs for the May ranking but have ignored a lot more which are posting very infrequently. There doesn’t seem to be any point in including those – but it’s hard to know where to draw the line.
    The there are others like primary school class which post regularly but have relatively few views. However, these are the people we should be encouraging.

• I try to keep to a schedule of once a week updates, it’s funny I shy away from more regular updates for the same reason you do the oposite; blogs I’ve read that update too often tend to devolvel into single sentences acompanying pictures, which I don’t like. My post didn’t start out spectacular quality, I’d rather not risk a slide now.

• Alison Campbell says:

I think that as long as people know to expect a regular update, it doesn’t matter too much. My problem is that I started off doing them more regularly than that & now I’ve got into the habit!