more on ‘sweet poison’: aspartame – truth vs fiction

I’m a regular visitor to Science-Based Medicine. Today there’s a post about aspartame by Steven Novella, which caught my eye given my own interest in this topic. The first paragraph follows below, but I encourage readers to go across to SBM for the full article 🙂

If you believe everything you read on the internet, then is seems that a chemical found in thousands of products is causing an epidemic of severe neurological and systemic diseases, like multiple sclerosis and lupus. The FDA, the companies that make the product, and the “medical industrial complex” all know about the dangers of this chemical but are hiding the truth from the public in order to protect corporate profits and avoid the pesky paper work that would accompany the truth being revealed. The only glimmer of hope is a dedicated band of bloggers and anonymous e-mail chain letter authors who aren’t afraid to speak the truth. Armed with the latest anecdotal evidence, unverified speculation, and scientifically implausible claims, they have been tirelessly ranting about the evils of this chemical for years. Undeterred by the countless published studies manufactured by the food cartel that show this chemical is safe, they continue to protect the public by spreading baseless fear and hysteria.

Read Steven’s complete post on Science-Based Medicine.

One thought on “more on ‘sweet poison’: aspartame – truth vs fiction”

• Not fair. I was just going to send a link to the article to you. *Pouts* and walks away. (I’m kidding, of course. It’s what we get for reading around the same circles…)