homeopathic ‘vaccines’ and smallpox

in a reversal of normal practice, what follows was first written for the Sciblogs site (usually it’s the other way around) but I thought I’d share it here as well 🙂

Okay, a bit late for ‘vaccination awareness week’ but I have to share this one. Over on Science-Based Medicine, Mark Crislip is talking about homeopathic vaccines (something I’ve had a go at myself).

Anyway, it seems there is a homeopathic vaccination for smallpox. How, thought I to myself, can they make this? After all, smallpox has been extinct in the wild since the late 1970s. Trust Dr Crislip to enlighten me: homeopaths rely on ‘nosodes’. A ‘nosode’

“is a homeopathic remedy prepared from a pathological specimen. The specimen is taken from a diseased animal or person and may consist of saliva, pus, urine, blood, or diseased tissue.”

Bleuch. This is, um, rather worse than what is wrongly claimed to be in actual vaccinations. Just as well it’s diluted to the point where there’s nothing left 🙂 But whence comes the nosode for smallpox? Dr Crislip also wants to know:

And they have a nosode for smallpox?  It is supposedly derived from the ripened pustule of a smallpox patient and I have to wonder about their source.  There has been no smallpox in the world since the mid 1970′s,  either they have a stock of smallpox that they feed like sourdough starter or they are not really selling the real deal. 

‘Nuff said, really.