time travellers i have met**

Via one of Orac’s commenters I happened on a webpage of this name. The page’s author is a hypnotherapist who describes his work as involving taking patients into their past lives (‘regressions’) and future lives (‘progressions’). Hence, I suppose, the ‘time travel’. 

And these supposed time travellers seem to be very advanced: 

Time travel will be discovered in approximately the year 3050 by a man named Taatos. He is the Hermes of ancient Egypt and the very first chrononaut (time traveler). Prior to his actually traveling back in time, holographic images were sent into the past. This is why the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc. described "visions" by their oracles, soothsayers and psychics.

OK, let’s go with that & reject the simpler explanation that the ancient soothsayers, oracles etc were either ‘on’ something, hallucinating, delusional, or making stuff up to keep the punters happy. (As noted here, the oracles were wrong a lot of the time, hardly something you’d expect if they were getting holographic hints from the future.) Let’s move on to what these ‘time travellers’ are doing, whizzing around through space and time. (Is there a TARDIS after all?)

We can summarize the characteristics of time travelers as follows:

• They have mastered hyperspace travel between dimension, and can move through walls and solid objects.
  • By existing in the fifth dimension, they can observe us and remain invisible.
  • Genetic manipulation of our chromosomes is a routine procedure for them. They have greatly speeded up our rate of evolution.
  • The origin of these chrononauts is Earth from 1,000 to 3,000 years in the future.
  • Their main purpose is to accelerate our spiritual growth.

It does seem rather convenient that we can’t see them. Given that the individual whose image appears on the webpage looks no different from any present-day human of Northern European extraction, they’d hardly cause conniptions if they were visible. So why the need to hide? Apparently people can only see these visitors if they

slow down their frequency vibrational rate (FVR) and enter our three-dimensional world. It is only then our physical eyes will be able to see them.

Hmmm. This smacks of various claims about ‘vibrational energy’ that I’ve seen dealt with elsewhere.

And why all this fiddling with our chromosomes?

Their ultimate purpose is to facilitate the perfection of the human soul to allow for ascension and the end of the karmic cycle. There are also future problems – wars, pollution, infertility – in this and parallel universes that they are trying to avert by assisting us now in our spiritual progress.

I suppose it could be argued that wars & pollution could be sheeted home to a lack of spiritual maturity (although that probably depends on how you define it). But infertility has a number of known, physical causes & you’d hope our enlightened visitors might help deal with those. Plus it strikes me as rather unfeeling to imply that infertile couples could perhaps conceive if only they were more ‘spiritual’.

And – lack of cited evidence for a significant uptick in the speed of human evolution (over an unstated period of time) aside – how exactly can manipulating our chromosomes have an impact on spiritual development?

Besides, if these ‘visitors from the future’ know the nature of the key problems facing us – and they’re problems now, regardless of what might happen in the future – why on earth are they going about helping us to fix things in such a roundabout way? It’s a bit like messages from the ‘other side’ – all the deceased ever seem to pass on are very general & innocuous messages, when it would be a darn sight more useful to know where Uncle B. hid his will, or where great-great-grandpa stashed that pirate treasure. (Yes, I’ve just seen the Tintin movie. Tintin rocks!)

**Disclaimer: not me personally. The nearest I’ve ever come there is through getting my Dr Who fix. And I know (given that there is absolutely zero reliable evidence to the contrary) that the Dr is a fictional character.

6 thoughts on “time travellers i have met**”

• Thank you for mustering the courage to look into this. Believe it or not, I actually checked BG out and viewed his site prior to attempting to read the book. I proceeded despite clear warnings because I promised my friend who kept on pushing this life changing text on me, that I will read it with an open mind. I can honestly say i gave it a goof ole try, finally succumbing to the sheer ridiculousness of a kitchen sink of pseudo-scientific concepts presented.
    The book was called “Soul Healing”, and is apparently one of many written by him and describing psychological and physical treatments without any basis in reality. indeed, to date I am not sure if BG is a true believer or a fraudster. He certainly has sufficient education with B.S. in Chemistry and Biology DDS, and MS in Psychology Counseling. These are sufficient to guarantee good living without resorting to alt med scams. Then again, BG does charge exorbitant amounts for video sessions of past regression hypnosis. At any rate, it appears that BG his claims of time travel were deemed a little demented and incredulous even by the alien conspiracy theory aficionados at abovetopsecret.com. As a side note about BG’s travels to the future, his website informs its readers that he is prohibited from disclosing any verifiable details about the future by the futuristic agency under some sort of temporal “prime directive.” How convenient.
    Fortunately, but only barely so, the book does not mention time travel (at least the portion that I managed to force through). The book has no citations, whatsoever, to any source swapite making thousands of extraordinary claims about auras, vibrational frequencies, karmic paths, existence of angels, disjuncture, and using these to cure AIDS, cancer, etc. Of course, immediately upon reading the first few lines it becomes apparent that BG has virtually no understanding of quantum physics, or applied physics. In fact, most of what he claims about human biology contradicts everything he should have learned in his college biology classes, or even Dental School. None of this seems to matter as BG jumps from one subject to another making ridiculous, and often demonstrably false claims.
    Unfortunately I returned the book to my friend who is under an impression that his particular copy is rare and different from other publications. Although not much of a loss, it would be nice to have it in front of me for a post. Alternatively, Dr. Goldberg might bean ideal candidate for Orac’s Friday Dose of Woo. I bet he hasn’t dealt with such woo dosage to date.

• Alison Campbell says:

Yes, alas! The uni system holds everything that comes in for the host’s approval (& I was tucked up in bed when yours arrived!)

• I think it would be an excellent topic for Orac’s “Friday Dose of Woo”. I sincerely hope that Dr. Bruce hasn’t caused any actual harm by suggesting something horrible using his past regression hypnosis.